Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Phillipians 1 study (v.21--end of chapter) for 3/3

After reading the Christianity Today article, share your thoughts about it.

4 comments:

  1. Yup. I'm thinking whoever wrote this must have been getting ready to move to North Dakota (or something like that). As I prepare to walk away from the life I've known for 18 years, I keep reminding myself that it's all been God's all along. I'm His, and He has to be able to move me around like I'm a piece on a chess board. There's no room on the next square for me to bring "stuff" with me. God will give me a new square to fill, and all I need to have with me when He chooses to put me in it. It's a decidedly un-American way of thinking, and I'm struggling with it at times. You could all make this much simpler if you'd just come with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, many christian "Americans" have adopted a philosophy that models Mazlov's hierarchy of human needs rather than a bibilical worldview. It has been a gradual slide, not a road to an improved and profitable life. The worst part...... people are OK with things the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Summer for leading the discussion. You did a great job ! Appreciated your insights and candor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for now Spencer really likes his job. He will be working Mondays and Thursday's 6-9:30 or 10. We were concerned about him and was thrilled that he likes it. I sent a text out requesting prayer for our friends son Jim Beers. His parents John And Carole Beers are attending our church when he isn't preaching anywhere. Carole will be involved in our special needs ministry at our church. Anyway this will be Jim's second surgery for his hip. Thank you in advance!
    Yes Summer good job yesterday! You and Dave are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete